top of page
The Friends of The Kauffman Farm
The Oley Valley's Most Intact Historic Farmstead
The mission of the Friends of the Kauffman Farm is to promote the preservation of the Kauffman Farm and the architectural heritage of the Oley Valley region through research, historic preservation, and educational outreach.
Established by David Kauffman in 1726, the farm retains nearly two dozen 18th and 19th century buildings. It is the most complete example of a Pennsylvania German farmstead. The main house was constructed for Jacob Kauffman in 1763 and retains many original Germanic features; it was expanded in 1834 for Jacob and Susanna Kauffman.
bottom of page